Building permits, both commercial and residential, are required in the City of Yuma to erect, modify, remove or repair any structure. This includes everything from new building construction to fences, fireplaces and signs.
Once a complete set of plans for your project is approved by the City of Yuma Department of Community Development, and applicable project fees have been paid, a building permit for the project will be issued. Additional permits may be required depending on the nature of the work.
The most frequent additional permits include:
- Electrical permits are required for new electrical service equipment installation, existing service relocations, electrical service increases and fixed appliance and equipment connections.
- Mechanical permits are required for the addition, replacement, repair or alteration of mechanical systems in structures. This includes gas lines, propane tanks, installation of sprinkler systems and associated piping for flammable liquids.
- Plumbing permits are required for all plumbing work including water service, drains, water mains, sewage disposal systems and related fixtures and appliances.
Building permits vary in cost and scope according to the type of construction.
- Electrical permits are based upon the service amperage, number of circuits and type of installations.
- Mechanical permits are based upon valuation of work for mechanical systems or equipment.
- Plumbing permits are based upon the number and types of fixtures, sewers, drains and water service piping.
For more information about building permits and fees, contact the City of Yuma Department of Community Development.
For more information...
City of Yuma Department of Community Development